Eggnog Crème Brûlée
Yield: (6) 8 oz. ramekins
This warming crème brûlée is perfect for the holiday season. With flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon and brandy, it brings an average crème brûlée to another level.
2 ½ cups heavy cream
¾ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cinnamon stick, whole
5 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
3 tablespoons brandy
- Bring cream, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Whisk yolks, sugar, and brandy together in a separate bowl.
- Slowly temper cream mixture into yolk mixture by streaming in small amounts of the cream mixture into the yolk mixture, while whisking constantly.
- Portion into (6) 8 oz. ramekins.
- Place filled ramekins in a pan and fill bottom of pan with hot water until it reaches the middle of the ramekins.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until crème brûlées are set.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, and then transfer to the refrigerator to set.
- To serve, sprinkle a good layer of raw sugar over the top and torch it until golden and caramelized.